POWERS AND EXPONENTS
Anne u better look at dis!! :P
well since im on da blog already ill explain some stuff that we learned so far....
- a short hand method of writing #'s expressed as repeated multiplication
- repeated multiplication of a base
- the usual way we write a number
- the number used as a factor for repeated multiplication
example: 6 12 6 is da base
- the raised number that tells you how many times the base is repeatedly multiplied
example: 6 12 12 is da exponent
- to multiply powers with the same base then add the exponents
example: (x2)(x3)= x5
- to divide powers with the same base then subtract the exponents
example: x4÷x3= x1
- a reciprocal is a fraction that is flipped upsidedown. we use it when we have a negative exponent
example: 7-2 = 1/49
- to raise a power to a power,then multiply the exponents
example: (73)2 = 76
zero exponent law
- anything with a zero exponent is equal to 1
example: 100 = 1
that's it for now people.. i need 2 study .. hehehehehe..
hopefully someone will actually read dis...
not sure if i explained it right :S..
hehehehehe .. oh well...
u better study anne ..... :P
juzz lve a comment if u guys dont get it ok ...